The Agri-Innovation program promotes research and innovation in the agriculture sector. Funding is available for pre-commercial, commercialized, and adoption phases of research and development. The two types of projects that are supported include:
- Agri-Science cluster: Mobilize and coordinate a critical mass of scientific expertise in industry, academia, and government. Nationwide scope.
- Agri-Science project: Single or smaller set of agri-science projects that would be less comprehensive. The scope may be national, regional, or local.
Priority will be given to pre-commercial or commercialization projects that include one or more of the following:
- Involve recently proven innovations (within the last 5 years).
- Create or expand export markets.
- Are transformative to the agri-based sector.