CRD Grants support well-defined projects undertaken by university researchers and their private-sector partners. Direct project costs are shared by the industrial partner(s) and NSERC. Projects may range from one year to five years in duration, but most awards are for two or three years.
To be eligible, you should:
- Contribute at least half the costs
- Have a project that is scientifically and technically feasible
- Have the expertise, with the help of your partner, to complete the project
- Have a project that benefits Canada
- Provide training to university students who work on the project