The Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program (EDP) provides access to business services across Western Canada, including:
- mentoring and one-on-one counseling services;
- access to business training and development;
- business loans (in some locations); and
- help to identify requirements for specialized equipment.
Entrepreneurs meeting the following basic criteria may be considered for support through the EDP:
- have been unsuccessful in acquiring sufficient funding for business from other sources;
- are restricted in the ability to perform at least one of the basic activities of entrepreneurship or self-employment;
- are disabled due to physical or mental impairment;
- have a viable business plan and are a new or current small business owner with a disability; and
- reside in Western Canada.
Funding or Loan Amount:
Programs include: Quick cash or short-term loans of up to $10,000. Flexible lines of credit from $5,000 to $50,000. Loans up to $150,000.