Doing Business in the NWT
The NWT Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) is working to promote continued investment in the Northwest Territories and maintains regional offices dedicated to delivering business programs and services in all sectors including business, arts and crafts, tourism and the traditional harvesting of renewable resources.
The Department’s SEED Policy and Programs focus on the smaller communities. The department also supports Community Futures Corporations in each region which provide lending and support services to regional business communities.
This includes major Canadian banks, with support from the federal Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and the NWT Business Development and Investment Corporation (BDIC).
Legal Business Requirements
- Territorial Registration Requirements
- Online Business Registration - Federal Taxation
- Business Registration Forms - Federal Taxation
Business Startup or Expansion Resources
- NWT Business Directory
- NWT Business Development Investment Corporation
- Government Assistance in the NWT
- Community Economic Development Staff List
- Private Financing
- Starting a Business in the NWT
- Starting a Sole Proprietorship in the NWT
- Creating a Partnership in the NWT
- Forming a Cooperative in the NWT
- Creating a Not-for-Profit in the NWT
- Franchising in the NWT
- 10 Steps to Creating a Corporation in the NWT
- Hiring in NWT
- Occupational Health and Safety - WCB
- Copyright, Patents, Trademarks